Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"Don't pass the bread, please?"

So, I tried a gluten free bread today.  Two things I learned: I don't care for it much, and might just be happy doing without.  If I have it again, it will be much more thinly sliced.  I had it with sandwich meat, and frankly, it was gross.  I ended up rolling the meat around my pickle and eating it alone.  I've never been a fan of bready stuff though.  No bread? I'm good, thanks!

In other news, I had a Boston Heart Diagnostic run on me a few weeks ago.  My triglycerides are super high.  The good news is, I can change it.  The bad news...Niacin! My doctor is recommending Niacin and I'm not exactly happy about that.  It causes flushing and well, I do that enough as it is.  I will be supplementing  with L methylfolate, Vitamin D, and fish oil, or Levozaz.  I also get the fine privilege of taking Lipitor or Crestor depending on insurance.

My cholesterol level is within range, but because my triglycerides are wonky, I get a candy dish for breakfast.  :-/ These may not all be permanent, I don't think.  And if my information seems wrong, forgive me, I'm trying to soak it all in and learn.

What an adventure... This should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment